HANSATON in South Africa
H.A.S.S. GROUP Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd
Established in 1975, the H.A.S.S. Group is a total hearing healthcare solutions provider.
H.A.S.S. is a family-owned and -run business, started by Nico van der Merwe Sr in 1975. Each family member is a director responsible for his/her own department in the company. We currently have over 200 staff members in the group with over 60 professionals. We also employ 12 deaf people.
Our passion outside the company is the Eduplex, which Nico van der Merwe Sr started in 2002. The Eduplex is a mainstream school where 20% deaf children are included in the mainstream classes. Here each deaf child has the opportunity to learn in a normal environment and learn normal spoken language, assisted by modern technology such as cochlear implants, hearing aids and FM communication systems. The school currently consist of a pre-, primary and high school, with a total of 580 learners, of whom 92 are deaf. 45 of the deaf children are from economically disadvantaged homes and are bursary children.
The ‘Total Hearing Healthcare’ solutions we provide are offered as follows in the dedicated companies:
H.A.S.S. Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd
General agents in sub-Saharan Africa for Hansaton hearing aids (Switzerland) and Advanced Bionics cochlear implants. Activities include:
- Service and repair
- Training and support
H.A.S.S. Industrial (Pty) Ltd
This department focuses on the industrial market and the delivery of state-of-the-art audiological and electromedical equipment to hearing healthcare providers.
- Manufacturer and distributor of Noise-Ban™ custom-made hearing protection
- Distributors of Grason-Stadler (USA) electro-medical equipment
- Distributors of Audioscan (USA) – leading provider of real-ear-measurement equipment in the world.
- Professional training for customers investing in our equipment.
Executing our Vision
As a company the most important aspect of what we do is ‘How We Do it’. We are focused on the following four pillars:
- Quality products – Our product ranges comprise leading brands worldwide, from companies that are all well known for their ongoing research and development.
- Quality service – Products only go so far and fast, efficient service is what we strive for.
- Quality staff – We believe in our people – we develop them and give them opportunities to grow.
- Quality training – We have one of the largest private audiological training teams in South Africa focusing on continued professional development. We see training as a cornerstone of our business.
We believe in ‘International Best Practice’ in everything we do and knowing that if we deliver the best solutions, our customers will be more satisfied over the long term. Delivering high customer satisfaction is our aim.